The purpose of this unit is to maintain jail records, departmental investigative reports, criminal history investigation, traffic citations, served warrants and juvenile files and transmit appropriate paperwork to the court systems for prosecution.
The division operates Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am until 6:00 p.m.
Records Fee Schedule:
- Accident & Complaint Reports $2.00
Personal Report of Accident Form
- Incident Report (Other than victim) $2.00
- Background checks $20.00
- Record Expungement $25.00 (Form)
- Open Records Request 1st 15 minutes are free after that $13.25 per hour and $.10 per page copy
Our Records Division only accepts cash payments.
Criminal Background Checks
Criminal background checks are simply a review of an individual to determine any criminal activity. Often times, an employer may require a criminal background check for employment purposes.
In order to obtain a criminal background check, you must:
- Appear in person at the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Records Division
- Provide a government issued picture identification; a Social Security Card is not acceptable
- You must provide your name, date of birth, sex, race, and Social Security Number