In late April 2019, agents with the Sheriff’s office Special Investigations Division received information about an Eric Vaughan Brown, possibly selling narcotics in Douglas County. Over the course of the next several months, agents with SID were able to make several purchases of cocaine and MDMA (Ecstasy) from Mr. Brown. These transactions occurred inside Douglas County.
On July 25, 2019, agents with SID and the Sheriff’s office Crime Suppression Unit were able to take Mr. Brown into custody during a transaction involving cocaine. Subsequent to his arrest, Mr. Brown was found to be in possession of cocaine and marijuana. He also had a loaded firearm in his possession. Brown was accompanied by three children under 18 during his last transaction.
A search warrant was executed at his residence where agents recovered cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and marijuana. Four additional firearms were recovered from the residence.
Eric Vaughan Brown was taken to the Douglas County jail and charged with the following.
- Sales of a schedule I controlled substance
- Sales of cocaine
- Possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute
- Possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute
- Possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
- Possession of heroin with the intent to distribute
- Possession of drug related objects
- Possession of firearm while in possession of VGCSA (5 counts)
- Reckless conduct (3 Counts)
- Use of telecommunication facilities (3 Count)
- Sales or possession with intent to distribute narcotics within 1000 feet of elementary School (3 Counts)
He is currently being held without bond. More charges are pending on other co-conspirators.