The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office would like to congratulate our latest Citizens’ Law Enforcement Academy graduating class. We would like to thank everyone who signed up for and attended class for the past 12 weeks.
Our Citizens’ Law Enforcement Academy is an important part of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. This program gives our residents a first-hand look at how, and why, we do what we do. We cover a wide and varied array of topics during the twelve weeks including, but not limited to:
- Orientation / Training for Law Enforcement & Corrections
- Jail Operations & Tour
- Criminal Law / Ethics & Professionalism
- Search & Seizure / Liability
- Domestic Violence / Child Abuse
- Gangs / S.R.O. / Internet Crimes
- Use of Force / Firearms Training
- Communications / Patrol Operations
- S.E.R.T. / K-9 Functions
- Undercover Operations / Crime Scenes and Evidence
- Ride with a Deputy on Patrol
Many of our graduates have said that this program has given them a new insight and respect for law enforcement, and they would absolutely recommend everyone go through the academy. Our next round of classes will be held in the spring of 2020. If you are interested in signing up, check out our CLEA page for more information.