To attract new candidates to fill a limited number of positions in the Patrol Division, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is currently offering a Hiring Incentive Program that will pay a bonus of $7,500 to applicants who apply between now and the end of the year and who are then hired and serve a minimum of two years in the Patrol Division and meet other criteria. This Fact Sheet provides information about how the Hiring Incentive Program works and the criteria for payment and receipt of the bonus.*
Applicable only to applications submitted between September 25, 2018 and December 31, 2018
- Limited to new hires for positions in the Patrol Division
- Limited to the first 10 positions hired from applications received during the applicable time period
- Must be a certified law enforcement officer in the State of Georgia and in good standing with P.O.S.T.
- Must not have any obligations to a former agency that would require the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office to assume any outstanding obligations or debts.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ prior experience on patrol.
- Must not have worked for the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office within the last six months.
- Upon hire, must work in a full-time capacity in the Patrol Division, successfully complete the probationary period and the departmental Field Training Officer (FTO) Program, and then provide two years of service in the Patrol Division.
Payments and Repayment
- Total amount of the bonus is $7,500, payable in two installments.
- Each installment payment is subject to all applicable taxes, withholdings, and/or deductions required by law.
- A first payment of $3,500 will be made upon successful completion of the probationary period (including any extended probationary period) and the FTO Program (typically about six months, but may be extended).
- A second payment of $4,000 will be made upon completion the first year of service in the Patrol Division.
- Must successfully complete two years of service in the Patrol Division to retain the bonus. Failure to complete two years of service in the Patrol Division will result in forfeiture of the bonus and require the individual to repay the Sheriff’s Office any amount of the bonus already paid.
Agreement Required and Other Terms and Conditions
All participants in the Hiring Incentive Program will be required to sign a written agreement as a condition of participation in the program and receipt of the bonus payment. The written agreement contains additional terms and conditions not stated herein. A copy of the written agreement will be provided during the application process and prior to the applicant’s
acceptance of any officer of employment.
* This Fact Sheet is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, and shall not be construed, deemed, or interpreted as creating, any offer capable of acceptance or a contract of any kind. The Hiring Incentive Program may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office reserves all available rights pertaining to the Hiring Incentive Program.Apply Now